I realized this morning that there are quite a few things happening that make me happy. Since this is my blog and I can write about whatever I want, I’m going to list them in no particular order. And, hopefully, some of my quirky happiness will rub off on you, too. There is never enough happiness in the world, after all.
- I got my car washed using the gift certificate I bought from the neighbor’s kid to support the high school band program. Good karma and a clean car = happy Mrs. X.
- It’s Tocktober on CuteOverload.com, which means lots of pictures of adorable animal behinds.
- It’s cold enough now that I was able to wear my fabulous red trench coat. And, I. Looked. Fabulous.
- I took in the dry cleaning and will no longer have to be asked when I’m going to take it in. I was also able to use the $10 gift certificate that I got just for joining their rewards program.
- I have a girl date tonight with a friend for dinner and a show. Yay for girl dates!
- Last night, I decided on two goals for work today and I’ve complete one and made major progress to finishing the other. Checking items off the list = happy Mrs. X.
- I finally cracked open the Atlantic magazine from (ack) January so that I can finish it and work my way up to the brand new issue that showed up in my mail box.
- I’m wearing the necklace my mom gave me, and it warms my little heart.
- I’m getting great feedback on the first chapter of my book and I’m thinking that maybe I really can do this.
- Mr. X and I had a very good and drawn out heart-to-heart yesterday about whether we still want to have kids (yes and yes) and how to find meaning and purpose in our lives now, without children as opposed to waiting until we have kids. Getting it all out on the table = happy Mrs. X.
What made you happy today?