Lots of pregnancy mentions below.
It’s February. Did you know that? My due date is next month. Next month. Last summer, March seemed awfully far away, and now, we’re looking at 6 weeks left.
We’ve been busy, though.
• I met with both of the other OBs in the practice and found one that I really like. She’s straightforward and very thorough. Two of my favorite attributes. She even got me an u/s which was amazing. I hadn’t seen Little B since 24 weeks and boy has he grown. He’s measuring 5lbs and at 35 weeks (I was 33w5d at the time). Fluid levels are good, cervix is 4 cm and shut up like a steel trap.
• We attended childbirth class which was like Lamaze Lite. We also saw the obligatory childbirth video although it was the non-freak out version especially designed for pregnant ladies. The other version is the birth control version shown to teenagers with screaming banshee women with no pain relief. The only screaming in our video was the baby right after it was born. Probably a good choice for showing to expectant first timers.
• The week after childbirth class, we went to Baby 101 class (not the real name) and learned how to diaper, swaddle, hold and feed a plastic baby who’s head really did go all the way around. I made that gem of a discovery and almost got into trouble with the instructor. Mr. X managed to get the diaper on backwards the first time and we both had a good time practicing the football hold. We also got the tour of labor and delivery. We are at a brand new hospital and it is really, really nice. Very quiet too, so we’ll hopefully get lots of attention when the time comes.
• Next week we attend a class on how to introduce your baby to your pets. Like the slackers that they are, though, the animals don’t have to actually attend the class. We are the ones that have to go and pay attention. They get to stay home and snooze.
• We are slowly working away at the names list. We decided early on that we did not want to settle on a name before Little B arrives. We may pick a name and it’s not him at all. So, we have a short list of names that we’ve been trying out these past few weeks. But, no final decisions until the end.
Basically, we’re doing this whole process in our own way and still, as always, one day at a time. But, the days are definitely numbered. 41 to be exact.