As we’ve gotten closer to term, I gave some thought to induction but figured that it would only be an option once we get past a due date with no progress. What I didn’t factor in was the possibility of a not-so-overdue, but rather gargantuan baby.
The estimate from yesterday’s ultrasound was a whopping 8lbs 12 oz. The doctor did tell me that there is a 20% swing in either direction meaning he could either be on the heavy side of 7lbs or on the really heavy side of 9lbs. Either way, I say oof. I may have child-bearing hips, but I don’t know if they are up for the challenge of passing a possibly almost 10 lb bowling ball. So, we decided to pull the trigger right at 40 weeks before he got any bigger and my chances of a c-section increase. As it is, my chances are at about 20-30% because of my cervix, which is neither favorable nor unfavorable.
So, tomorrow at 5am, we present ourselves at the hospital for induction.