Another tough day, but I will find 5 good things!
- Rex’s greeting from President Obama arrived today in the mail. There is something so neat about finding a cream envelope simply marked “The White House, Washington, D.C.” in your mailbox. It’s been a while since I got one of those (since the Clinton Administration, actually). Don’t worry, though, I made sure I also got a greeting from the governor of our extremely red state. Both are equally non-partisan and wildly appropriate for the occasion. And, suitable for framing!
- I was able to comfort Rex this afternoon when he had a fever and a double ear infection. He held him in my lap and just kissed his wispy hair. It was so nice to have him sit in my lap and just be. Unfortunately, he usually only does that when he’s not feeling well. But, I snagged an emergency appointment at the pediatrician’s office, got a script for antiobiotics and got Rex home all within 1.5 hours. Woot!
- Sold some of Rex’s baby stuff easily and with no hassle. Such a wonderful difference from yesterday’s attempt.
- It was 80 degrees here today. There are green things shooting out of the ground. It even SMELLS like spring. I’m feeling that power of renewal coming through already.
- Planned the next crockpot experiment: chicken with cream of mushroom soup. Food.com better not let me down!
Onwards and upwards, always.