Another long day on the road, but productive!
- I had a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. Nothing fancy, no schmears, just a good bagel and cream cheese and it was really, really good. The highly caffeinated tea also helped.
- I met someone very inspiring today. His joy was just palpable. I usually meet people like that and my cynical side assumes that there must be something dark behind that gay (happy gay, not gay gay) facade. But, this guy was genuine. It was incredibly refreshing.
- Mr. X appears to be holding up really well with taking care of Rex while I’m gone. I am so incredibly proud of him.
- The last time I was away from Rex was in August when I had a girls weekend. I was still in the thick of the post-partum depression and I could not get away from the house fast enough. This time, I cried when I left him and I keep sneaking peeks at his picture on my phone. I miss my Boo.
- Another morning tomorrow where I was not woken by cats jumping on me!
Onwards and upwards, always.