Not too bad for a Monday.
- I installed the crib rail protector that we picked up yesterday at BRU. Mr. X reported a few weekends ago that Rex had taken to gnawing on his crib railing like a beaver. Now that he has two top and two bottom teeth, he can do a fairly accurate impression of said beaver. Personally, I think it’s kind of cute, but Mr. X has this thing about keeping things in good working order, so crib rail protector it is.
- Rex has reached another milestone – standing unassisted! He chose the inauspicious location of the bath to do this the first time. Thankfully, Mr. X was right there to catch him when he plopped down. We’re hurtling toward walking, I can feel it!
- I love, love, love that William Shatner woke up the crew of Discovery this morning. Just once, I want him to call me and wake me up. He could read the phone book, it would be just as compelling and downright cool.
- I sent out the invitation for Rex’s 1st birthday party. It will be a very low key event, but just to have all of our family with us to celebrate this amazing event is wonderful. I am seriously looking forward to it.
- Tomorrow is Mardi Gras Day. I will fondly remember how by this point, the streets smelled like booze, the trees were covered in beads, and my own bead collection was very enviable. Part of me secretly wishes that Rex will attend my alma mater so that he too can experience the sheer awesomeness of Mardi Gras when you are young, preferably single and full of energy. There’s nothing like watching the police shut down Bourbon Street at midnight Ash Wednesday with the clean up crew behind them hosing everything down and knowing that you Did Mardi Gras.
Onwards and upwards, always.