Happy Pi Day!
- Rex went down like a champ last night at his usual bed time despite the one hour difference in time. He packed a lot of baby activities into the day so he was ready to go to the land of nod, at least for an evening. He was still snoozing when Mr. X came in to get him to go to school. Too soon I fear his little body will adjust and we’ll be back to 6:30am wake ups, but for now I will savor the trickery.
- Mr. X and are rather bereft that there is one episode of Big Love left forever. We spent a not insignificant amount of time last night determining how the ends would be wrapped up considering that there are quite a few and not many of them are prone to a neat conclusion. It’s been such an entertaining show!
- Mah Jongg returns this evening. Let’s hope I remember my strategy. We’re playing a my friend’s house whose husband always watches his DVR’d shows while we play. It’s kind of hard to concentrate on the tiles when there is a documentary about pot going on in the background. It was particularly awkward when we were all silent contemplating our hands and the narrator, in a great deep-narrator voice said, “Pete lights the bong and takes a hit.” Maybe he’ll watch something a little less distracting tonight.
- I managed to conquer my bad mood this morning that seemed to dictate me getting annoyed at very small things. I think the Chick-Fil-A I had for lunch helped.
- I’m getting very excited for Rex’s birthday party on Saturday! Both sets of grandparents, some family friends and a child digging his hands into a cupcake with green icing = a very good time.
Onwards and upwards, always.