Rex Birthday-Eve! This time last year I was really, really ready to be able to breathe normally again without something stuck under my ribs.
- Absolutely gorgeous sunny springy-summery day. I celebrated by returning the plants that I purchased yesterday since Mr. X determined that they were not in fact the same species of plant we were planting. They looked ridiculously alike, so I feel no guilt for getting them mixed up. But, Lowe’s – take note – everyone’s life would be much easier if you would let me return plants in the Garden Department.
- Rex is experimenting with attempting to stand on his own. Last night this manifested itself with him sitting on the ledge of our back porch and scooting his bottom toward the edge ever so slightly before taking the plunge into the grassy deep. Mr. X reported this morning as he was attempting to dress Rex for school Rex insisted on wanting to stand up for the procedure, thus making an already difficult job that much harder. But, it was good practice for both of them. And, it was great for me since I got to stay in bed!
- I’ve started reading The Emotional Life of Toddlers and it is absolutely fascinating. Rex is on the cusp of this world and I need lots of guidance on getting all of us through it the right way.
- Ken Rudin, the Political Junkie on NPR. He reminds me of why I was a political science major in college. I just love listening to him. Or, maybe its that they always have the Dean Scream at the beginning of the show that cracks me up every time I hear it.
- I am so, so proud of myself for making it through Rex’s first year. His birthday celebration is my celebration for making it through PPD and coming out on the other side.
Onwards and upwards, always.