Day started with a semi-panicked yell from Mr. X in the garage as he was getting ready to take Rex to school that Rexfelt “a little warm”. Ended with a diagnosis of yet another ear infection and a cranky Rex. Bless his little heart.
- Everyone loved the pictures I took of Rex with his green cupcake. I should have gotten a shot of the green icing that was still up his nose this morning, though. That was just classic.
- Despite having an ear infection, Rex was in a fabulous mood at the doctor’s office. He serenaded the pediatrician and charmed the office manager to the point that she declared that he was an “angel”. Yes, I made that!
- I had one of those perfect moments this evening. It was dusk and quiet in the house as Rex was already in bed and Mr. X was on his computer. I had seen our house in this light so many times over the years, but never before had I seen it knowing that our house was full. My heart felt full too.
- Rex’s grandparents are coming in to town tomorrow for Rex’s birthday party. I can’t wait to see their joy at seeing Rex and how much he’s grown in the whopping month since they last saw him. Bonus: margaritas for the adults!
- Bought myself some gorgeous handmade jewelry from my best friend. A total win win.
Onwards and upwards, always.