- Eight years ago today, I married my best friend and have reaped the best benefits ever since. I have never been more in love with my husband than I am now and I only see it getting better.
- I’m very much enjoying Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey. It’s a fascinating look into how a restaurant kitchen works and I love watching him tell it like it is.
- Rex has started to try to climb in my lap and I AM LOVING IT. I love to cuddle with him, but he’s such an independent little guy that he’s always squirming away to go exploring. So, to have him actively trying to get in my lap is heaven. I’m like a Venus Fly Trap, though, when he gets in my lap – my arms close and I begin to kiss him within an inch of his little blonde-curled life and he struggles to get away while I hold on to him dearly.
- I woke up in the middle of the night last night to find a gray rectangle of fur next to my pillow that vibrated when I petted it. Kitty wedged himself between our pillows like he does just about everynight, except this time he was respecting Mr. X’s boundaries and not wedging his kitty butt in Mr. X’s face.
- My parents brought us a nice cold bottle of champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary. The only problem with this plan is that Rex has reached the stage where he sees a glass and he wants a drink out of it. We can no longer hold Rex in one arm and drink drinky-drinks out of glasses in the other. He lunges for the glass and wants a taste. I have tried to explain to him the dangers of underage drinking, but he doesn’t want to hear it. So, on the floor he went while we sat around sipping our champagne. This arrangement suited him fine as he simply crawled under my chair to get to the window and had a fabulous time looking out on the backyard and trying to sit on the dog.