Posting early in anticipation of a computer sabbatical for the next day or so.
- It’s my parents wedding anniversary today. 39 years of wedded bliss that is so easy to remember because they thoughtfully got married on Tax Day. Awww.
- I was reminded today of the great job my parents did when I was a kid in hiding my Easter basket in the house for me to find. It was a ritual growing up that I had to hunt for my basket and one year they almost stumped me by putting it in the microwave. I ended up begging for hot and cold clues to help me find it. I suspect they gave in because they really just wanted to get to the chocolate rather than because I was still looking.
- Walked G this morning while listening to Poker Face by Lady Gaga. I love that she rhymed “bluffin” with “muffin” and “glue-gunnin” but she was totally serious about it.
- The most thinking I will have to do this evening is to decide what to have for dinner and what wine to pair with it and that is a fabulous thing.
- Got the babysitter booked for next Saturday night so that Mr. X and I can have date night. It’s been a while since we’ve had a date night (well, giant vacation notwithstanding) so we’re really looking forward to the dinner and a movie option. With summer around the corner, though, our repertoire of choices expands to include minor league baseball games and miniature golf.