A special Mother’s Day edition:
1) This Mother’s Day, unlike last year’s, I feel so good about the mom I am to Rex. I feel all of the gratitude and appreciation for having him that I was beating myself up last year for not having. I’m glad I gave myself the time to get to this place where I can be a good mom to Rex.I enjoy being a mom now. What a concept.
2) Rex had his first taste of peanut butter this morning. As a lifelong peanut-butter-holic, I would be thrilled if he too could develop a loving relationship with one of the world’s most perfect foods. From his first tentative tastes off of the edge of a knife to the devouring of his toast slathered with the divine stuff, he was hooked. One day we’ll work him up to my level of addiction: super chunky.
3) Mr. X got me the most awesome Mother’s Day present ever: the entire Beatles collection on iTunes.
4) Eco-Geek-Cheap-Alert: our local water system is very much into conservation which I fully support. I support it even more now that they are offering FREE low flow, dual flushing toilets for houses that are old (mine), have “water wasting toilets” (mine) and have cheap-ass owners (mine). Add to that the $50 gift card I have from the plumbers to go towards the installation, and it looks like we’re getting two new porcelain gods for a very low overall price. I hope this means the days of misbehaving toilets are behind us.
5) Destination for this year’s Girls Weekend has been set: Newport, Rhode Island! I plan to pick up some decorating tips and have some authentic New England seafood such as Lahb-stah, and more lahb-stah.