Yes, still here. Yes, still trying to blog but obviously not being very successful about it. So, instead, you get the dreaded bullet points of life. Because, aren’t our lives really just bullet points?
- Rex is officially in his twenties. 20 months he turned on Thursday! I can’t quite tell a difference between 19 months and 20 but I can say that the child is sucking up language like it’s going out of style. Mr. X has already taught him “A, B, C” and he sings it constantly in the backseat of the car. He is like a little parrot saying the things that we say, which is cool but also disconcerting since you never quite know when he’s going to do it. He has been helping to keep my sailorly swearing problem in check, though.
- Rex also has developed a fowl problem. The child does not like poultry of any kind. No chicken or turkey. He has nothing against cows, however, and will happily devour hamburger. But, Chik-Fil-A is off the menu for the time being, which I know is disappointing their cows.
- Mr. X got a promotion at work to a manager position. I told him that night that woke up that morning with a staffer and went to bed with a manager. He accused me of sleeping my way to the top. He’s very relieved as this is what he had been wanting for a while and I’m relieved because it means we get to stay where we are for at least a little while.
- I’m in the process of trying to find a new therapist. I’ve got some issues that I’d like to work on and I want to start with a clean slate, so to speak. It’s a lot like internet dating, though. What are some of these people thinking with the pictures they post of themselves?
- I’ve been feeling very nostalgic for life before the internet these days. Not nostalgic enough, however, to turn off the computer. I blame the new Droid Bionic phone I got through work. How did we kids ever entertain oursevles without Angry Birds?
That’s all for now. I’ve got lots of things swimming in my head that I want to write about, but you can see how well that’s going.