From start to finish, it took us almost 5 years to have our bundle of joy.
4 years, 10 months, and 12 days to be exact.
Here’s how it all played out, in an abbreviated timeline because I don’t feel like typing it all out:
* March 17, 2010: Little B arrives at 40w1d in the usual way at 5:59pm weighing in at 8lbs 5oz. We are parents!
* March 2010: obligatory third trimester freakout: slipped and fell on my ass! But, it’s all good.
* December 2009: passed 1 hour glucose test
* October 2009: obligatory second trimester freakout – this time, 1:20 chance of Down Syndrome! Had amnio which showed all was chromosomally normal. Oh, and it’s a boy.
* September 2009: released to OB.
* June – July 2009: IVF #3, four blasts transferred, which appears to have worked. BFP, 11dp5dt beta = 158, 13dp5dt beta = 400, 15dp5dt beta = 846. U/S shows one little bean. EDD: March 2010.
* May 2009: birth control pills for IVF #3.
* February – March 2009 – IVF # 2. Two embyros transferred, BFN. 1 frozen. Much head-scratching ensues.
* October 2008 – January 2009 – on break to gird loins for coming trials and tribulations and because I was just not ready to jump in the pool again. Contemplated Did accupuncture, indulged in general navel gazing and tried to find something other than infertility about which to obsess.
* September 2008 – BFB – Big Fat Break. Oh, and visit with rheumatologist who starts visit with “your immune system creates anti-bodies” lesson like I’m a moron or something. I watch Mystery Diagnosis, buddy. Good news: he doesn’t think I have an autoimmune disorder. Give copious amounts of blood to confirm. Follow up in November shows no lupus!
* August 2008 – FET with totscicles from IVF #1. All 6 thawed, only 2 make it. 2 transferred, Beta = 3. BFN.
* July 2008 – broke middle toe on left foot by tripping over tennis shoe in living room. Seriously.
* June – July 2008 – mock cycle for FET in August. 4mg of Estrace and more butt shots!
* June 2008 – get thyroid tested because, um, hair falling out. Good news, perfect thyroid. Bad news, tested positive for anti-nuclear antibody. The word ‘lupus’ is mentioned. Get thee to a rheumatologist!
* March 2008 – June 2008 – break
* March 2008 – fetus found, measuring small, lived for 2 weeks and then miscarried at 8w6d (monosomy #2). D&C #2
* February 2008 – no fetal pole found, miscarriage predicted
* January – February 2008 – 1st IVF cycle, BFP (with 6 totscicles leftover)
* August – December 2007 – 4th, 5th and 6th IUI w/ injectibles, BFN
* April – August 2007 – break
* April 2007 – miscarriage at 9w2d (monosomy #1), D&C #1
* February 2007 – 3rd IUI with injectible, BFP
* November 2006 – December 2006 – 1st and 2nd IUIs with injectibles, BFN
* October 2006 – laparoscopic surgery, tubes cleared, no endo found
* August 2006 – saw 2nd RE, Dr. Uterus, HSG found blocked tubes
* July 2006 – referred to 1st RE (who I did not like)
* January 2006 – first of six Clomid cycles, nada
* May 2005 – stopped BCPs, started TTC